Onshore Partner Visa (820/801)

Onshore Partner Visa (820/801)

This visa allows the partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen to reside in Australia.

To qualify for this visa, you must:

Be married, or in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

Your marriage must be valid under Australian law

- If you're aged 16 or 17, you must have parental permission

You must have a sponsor. This can be your partner, unless they're under 18

This visa allows you to enter and remain in Australia while married, or in a de facto relationship, with your partner:

a) On a temporary visa (usually roughly two years from when you applied for a visa), or

b) On a permanent visa if your relationship still exists after the waiting period (if relevant).

For more information, visit the Australian Department of Home Affairs website:


Please note: Any application, notarial, translation, visa, inspection, and Tsinghua certification fees, as well as any other third-party related expenses, will need to be paid separately.

Your name*

Email address*

Phone number

Visa Type you are interested in