Business Innovations and Investment Visa (188A) and Permanent Visa (888A)
This visa is for those with a successful business of investment career, and a genuine and realistic commitment to becoming involved in Australian investing or business.
The 188A visa is the first step to qualify for a Permanent 888A visa.
To qualify for a Business Innovations and Investment Visa (888A), you must:
Be under 55
Have a successful business career
Be invited to apply
Hold at least AUD $800,000 in net personal and business assets, with a total annual turnover of at least AUD $500,000 in at least two of the past four fiscal years before being invited to apply
Have taken shares in companies with a total annual turnover of at least AUD $500,000 in at least two of the past four fiscal years, and participated in their management.
Own at least
- 30% shares in an unlisted company, or
- 10% shares in a listed company
Hold a 188A visa
Meet Australia's health and character requirements
Be sponsored by either an Australian State or Territory government
Have owned at least
- 51% of a business with a turnover of less that AUD $400,000 per annum, or
- 30% of a business with a turnover of more than AUD $400,000 per annum, or
- 10% of a publicly-listed company
Meet at least two of the following requirements:
- Have owned a business in Australia and have a personal net worth of AUD $600,000
- Have owned a business with a net value of at least AUD $200,000
- Have hired two full-time Australian staff
Also, in the 12 months prior to your application, your business's annual turnover must be at least $300,000 (GST excluded).
For more information, visit the Australian Department of Home Affairs website:
Please note: Any application, notarial, translation, visa, inspection, and Tsinghua certification fees, as well as any other third-party related expenses, will need to be paid separately. Also, the cost of applying for this visa varies on a case-by-case basis.